Why Do Email Marketing?
People unfamiliar with email marketing often wonder what all the fuss is about. Didn’t spam kill email as a marketing vehicle? And if spam didn’t kill it, what about blogs, Twitter and all the other clever ways we can communicate online? Isn’t email outmoded?
Those wondering about the benefits of email marketing in today’s ever-changing online and marketing environment will find the answers below.
How Email Marketing Works
Businesses engage in email marketing because it works. And works well. Here are the numbers…
- In 2010, a research by Direct Marketing Association claims that email
marketing was likely to generate a return on investment figure of$42.08 for every single dollar spent to outperform other marketing channel.
- In an Econsultancy survey, 72 percent of respondents described return on investment in the case of email as excellent or good.
- In 2010, the ForeSeeResults report on the efficacy of social media found promotional emails to be the second highest influence on retail site visits, preceded by familiarity with the brand.
- In 2010, Annual Marketing & Media Survey by Datran Media found that email was believed to be the strongest advertising channel by 39.4%of industry executives.
- In Feb/March2009, in another survey by Forbes Median found that the one of the most effective tool for generating conversions was email and e-newsletter marketing, preceded only by SEO.
Working of Email Marketing
Email marketing allows targeting, supports sales, builds loyalty and trust, and drives direct sales. These days, email marketing solutions support database segmentation, integration as well as other techniques to improve the targeting of outgoing emails. Advanced email marketing techniques produce on-the-fly emails that have been customized to cater to individual customers.
With email marketing, there is immediate action in the form of inquiries, sales, registrations, downloads, etc. Email newsletters offering information build awareness, send prospective customers to offline stores and events, contribute to branding, strengthen relationships, cement loyalty, and build trust.
Email marketing is, in fact, the best way to market and promote your business!